Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yes, Spring . . .


The forsythia is out, the daffodils are up and the blog is emerging from its winter hibernation. Aside from three sinus infections, I actually enjoyed winter, particularly the four Wednesdays in January when I hosted the All Write! winter workshop in my house (half the class, hard at work, is featured in the photo). I've typically found January, not April, to be the cruelest month, but not this year. The camaraderie and level of work that was shared by the group was absolutely inspiring. The wine and snacks were pretty good, too.

At any rate, I've decided to host two new classes for spring: Poetry Boot Camp and Little Lies/Little Truths. The classes are designed to get you writing through a series of in-class prompts, with a little discussion of craft tossed in for good measure.

I've included times and rates below. If you're interested in reserving a spot in one of the classes, post your response below.

Poetry Boot Camp: Four Nights/Sixteen Poems

Four Wednesdays: May 12, 19, 26 and June 2

Time: 6:45-8:45 p.m.

Limited to six participants

Fee: $125 (payable at the first class.


Little Lies/Little Truths: Writing Flash Fiction/Flash Nonfiction

Four Thursdays: May 6, 13, 20 and 27

Time: 6:45-8:45 p.m.

Limited to six participants

Fee: $125 (payable at the first class)


4 comments:

  1. Both classes sound like a lot of fun--wish I lived nearby...oh this is Barb from Facebook btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there! I just tweeted about it though. Maybe one of my Rochester Twitter friends will join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I re-tweeted Al's shout out! Working with you sent me on the road to completing my first novel!

    ReplyDelete